Monday, February 21, 2011

Barden Tower

My navigator directed me to drive north to Barden Tower, one of the six hunting lodges in the Forest of Barden.


Next, she had me turn south through the Valley of Desolation.  Just the name is a bit scary but it also turned into one of those freakin one-lane roads and this time, I was driving a stick shift.  I had a hard time finding the right gear for the hills on this cow path and I dreaded the thought of having to turn around on a one-lane road, but all was well and she reads a map very well because we finally came to a main road and headed for York.


Before we found the road to York, we came across a very strange sight. They looked like dozens of round white balls which seemed about a story high.  We stopped and took pictures but I don't think the guard at the entrance was very pleased.  Later, we found out it had something to do with their military.


Giant Gold Balls

No comments:

01 09 10