Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Who Calls at 6:30 AM?

I was sleeping peacefully all snuggled down in my comfy bed.  It was not too hot even though Utah has been rather muggy this week; it was not too cold. The glorious cool morning hours are when I get my best rest and I tend to wake up remembering my dreams.


There was a burglary in our neighborhood last week and they were caught so everyone who was burgled got their stuff back. I have been more aware that I need to lock all my doors and windows since we have a plague of druggies running around stealing whatever they can to keep their habit going.


I started keeping my purse and my phone next to my bed so that I could use the remote key to start the car horn outrageously honking in case someone broke into my house and so I could call 911 immediately.


Promptly, at 6:25 AM my phone startled me awake with the duh duh duh, duh - some tune that I don't recognize except that I liked the deep resonating sound of it when I found it on my phone. All the other tunes were too high pitched! I reached down to get my phone when it stopped so I looked to see who was rudely calling  too early in the morning. Can you believe it, it was Dr. Bizzant's office canceling my 10 AM appointment for that day? But 6:25 AM - who in their right mind calls that early?
I felt like this overly rouged lady with the red hair and giant eyes from the Hospital gift shop. I must say that I don't know anyone who has such tiny red lips.


From now on, I turn off the sound to my phone - I don't take phone calls until after 9 AM.

4 comments:

Lyn said...

that is far too early!
xxx

Anonymous said...

wow, that office opens early!!! She does have tiny lips, sleep well tonight,

NanaDiana said...

That is funny, Ruth. A few months ago I got a call before 7am cancelling a doctor's appt, too. You can bet they would not be on the receiving end at that hour. Funny red haired lady there- xo Diana

June said...

In my job I get woken up by phone calls all hours of the night and it is frustrating and tiring so you have my complete sympathies. Hope you slept well last night!
June

01 09 10