Sunday, August 26, 2012

Misty and Clear

It was a chilly morning mist in the Monterey area.
The temperature was down to 52 degrees F.
Moving vans were parked on this
street - saw three enormous vans and one
very unusual wooden moving van.





California has beautiful flowered bushes year round.

Carmel is much larger than I thought; it seems
to stretch for miles along the coast up into the
mountains and down to the ocean. This home
has one of those million dollar views of the
ocean. 
Carmel is split into three unique areas: 
Carmel by the sea, Carmel Mountains
and Carmel Valley.



5 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

I'd LOVE to visit there. It looks beautiful, and I remember from a trip to California several years ago, the foliage was so interesting and varied. I can remember the way the air felt when the mist rolled in. It's lovely!

NanaDiana said...

I was only ever in Carmel once back in the 80's. It is a beautiful area. Love your pictures. That wooden moving truck makes me think of the Clampet's Hillybilly move to Beverly Hills- xo Diana

Anne said...

I'd love to visit there too someday Ruth, it looks truly beautiful.

Jane and Chris said...

I rather like the 'pagoda' house...imagine the views!
Jane x

Shopgirl said...

Arney and I love Carmel....we stayed there 2 days. The little shops, the ocean, a very lovely place. Wish we could go there this year, but other things going on.
I am so glad you are enjoying the area. Thinking of you, Mary

01 09 10