Thursday, December 4, 2014

Lava Hot Springs in the Fall


Linking to Good Fences

I found a new mystery regarding my sneaky old grandfather - He had been released from the Canadian Armed Forces of WWI in Montreal in July 1919 and been back to Chicago before January 1920 because he was in that census record but then, I find him crossing the Canadian border in June of 1920 at Port Huron, MI using his polish name and not the English version so that is why I never looked at that record before - I did not recognize Chester in Polish. He had listed Hamilton, Canada as his home but was heading for Chicago. He must have known hundreds of ways of crossing borders!

11 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

'sneaky' sounds right! :)

(i fixed your link - you had pasted my blog site in by mistake so now it points back here.) :)

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm wondering why he needed to sneak around.

Jan said...

Fascinating! You seem to have access to lots more records than are available in the UK. Jx

Carola Bartz said...

How very interesting! It must be fascinating to find out things like that about your grandfather!

Gosia said...

I Iove family history it is always interesting

Unknown said...

I would like to watch you doing your research, sounds very interesting! :)
Like your coloured fence :D

【ツ】Knipsa

Ginny Hartzler said...

Why do you think he did all this...the mystery deepens!

Ida said...

The fences appears to be painted in colors that match the fall foliage. How fun and exicting to learn the history of your family like that.

orvokki said...

Life is full of surprises.

Margaret Birding For Pleasure said...

Interesting facts about your grand father.

GreenComotion said...

Nice fence photo, Ruth.
And, Hamilton - city where I went to school. What a coincidence?

Have a Beautiful Day!

Peace :)

01 09 10