Sunday, December 7, 2014

Kissing Tree


I thought that my grandfather's second wife Blanch, whom he married in Canada just before they sent him overseas to serve in World War I had died in the 1918 flu epidemic for I could not find any records of her. 

I was wrong, I finally searched all of her brothers and found one reference to her on a record of her younger brother. Walla, I found her.  She married a second husband. Now, I am not sure if she divorced because I can't find that record, just leaving a spouse in the early 1900s was considered a divorce. But the other surprise was that the whole family moved from Montreal to New York and took of US citizenship.

Connecting to Shadow Shot Sunday 2

8 comments:

Jan said...

Your family really moved around! Let us know more details as you find them. Jx

Gosia said...

Family history is exciting..

Ginny Hartzler said...

A big surprise then a HUGE surprise! It's nice that her life went on. Is this really a kissing tree?

Michelle said...

It is always so interesting to learn what happened in our family's past!

robin. said...

nice shadow shot!!!

Mike@Bit About Britain said...

Family history is fascinating. Sounds like you have a real detective story on your hands with this one. You'll get there - look forward to hearing how it all turns out!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Families are full of surprises. We thought my great-grandmother had been married four times. A cousin found out through research that it had actually been five!

Shadowy Shrine

Poppy said...

Ruth, I really enjoy reading about your family's history. It would be lovely to see any photos that you have managed to track down, as well!

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas, to you, too!

Poppy

01 09 10