Running very low on photos - need to be taking more but life is getting in the way or I forget my camera.
1. What is one new holiday tradition you'd like to establish, or one you've established recently, say in the last year or two?
I, now, pack my bag and drive east for two hours to spend Christmas eve and Christmas Day with my family. The best part is watching my grandkids open their presents and their wonderful greeting, "Grandma's Here!" Both little ones (2 and 3 years old) can now say "grandma".
2. It's the second week of December. Have you sipped a cup of eggnog yet this month? Wrapped a gift? Opened a gift? Kissed someone under the mistletoe? Lit a candle? Eaten a Christmas cookie? Seen Santa in person? Watched a Christmas movie or special? Read scripture relating to the birth of Jesus?
We had eggnog at Thanksgiving. I definitely have wrapped a couple of gifts. I had three hours of recouping in the hospital after a shot in the back so I watched two very good Hallmark movies. My oldest granddaughter made the best turkey cookie.
3. Do you think it's better to be an adult or a child at Christmastime? Explain.
At this age, it is best to be an adult and watch the joy as my grandchildren open their presents and play.
4. It's often said, 'Good things come to those who wait'...agree or disagree? Why?
I had to wait quite a while for grandchildren -my daughter finished her associate degree in college, then went on a two-year mission and after she came home, she was planning on going to Vienna. Just before that adventure, she met her husband and then she finished her BA - then I became a first time grandma.
5. What's the last sweet thing you baked? Did you keep it, take it to a party/event, or give it away?
Baked a first time ever pecan pie. I also found an old recipe that did not use corn syrup, the way it used to be made eons ago. It turned out pretty good for a first time and even my granddaughter ate a couple of pieces.
6. "I heard an actor talk about how he makes a conscious choice to talk to people in elevators. He chooses to connect, make eye contact, and converse. Do you talk to people/strangers when you're in an elevator or any other place where you might have to wait together? Why or why not?"
I must have the type of face that says, "hey it is okay to talk to me" because strangers do talk to me, ask questions, strike up conversations and I think it is great. I do not hesitate to talk or start a conversation as well.
7. Are you on the naughty or nice list this year? What put you there?
I try to use the Golden Rule as my grandpa used to say, "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you"! I don't care for rudeness that abounds these days so I try to be just the opposite and smile.
8. Insert your own random thought here.