Monday, July 29, 2013

North Rim of the Grand Canyon

On my road trip to Sedona, I stopped at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, thinking to myself.  "I can drive to this amazing wonder of the world in about six hours and yet, I have never been to the Grand Canyon or should I say Canyons with all the branches going in every direction."

I happened to pick the wrong time to go because of the fire in Prescott, Arizona which left really smokey views so the pictures are not clear but the views took my breath away.  I am so glad that there were rails to hang on to because it can make you a little dizzy looking down into the canyons.





I heard more foreign languages spoken in a few hours than I've ever heard in my life time from visits across our world.

There are lovely cabins, a main lodge, camping areas and creatures large and small that live there year round. To really visit, I think staying in a cabin would be the best way.  Of course, the waiting list might be years long.

Inside the lodge visiting was a little guest.

Linking up with Travel Photo Monday.

16 comments:

Noel Morata said...

Even with the haze it's pretty darn amazing...what a view!

Ginny Hartzler said...

My son and his family are in a cabin now, about a half hour from the canyon. They called and reserved it the evening before. Of course I am sure it is not near as fancy as the one you show. Your pictures are breathtaking!!!

Marcia Mayne said...

Breathtakingly beautiful. It'd be so lovely to rent a cabin there and wake up surrounded by such awe inspiring beauty.
http://insidejourneys.com

Irene said...

I was dazzled by the canyon but surprised by the little guest!

NanaDiana said...

Many, many years ago I stayed at the lodge and it was a wonderful experience. The Grand Canyon is just amazing-I think you have to see it to really "get it". xo Diana

Unknown said...

Absolutely stunning, Ruth! I went to the Grand Canyon as a child and remember being totally overwhelmed by its size and beauty. Your post makes me want to get back there!

Meghana Hassan said...

Wow this is such a wonderful place.... New follower from meghanahassan.blogspot.in

Muza-chan said...

Great photos :)

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Visiting your blog is like going in holidays for me who stays at home this year. The views are breathtaking.

Marisol@TravelingSolemates said...

Hi Ruth, I actually like the smokey view. It makes the photos more dramatic, a bit dreamy. What a scenic trip.

Susan said...

Oh Ruth. Those Grand Canyon shots were terrific.

Got caught up on reading your blog posts. I LOVED Sedona. Bet you did, too. I lived in Arizona for 12 years. Always loved our excursions to Sedona and thought it should be one of the wonders of the world.

Went to the park, too, and all your photos brought back so many memories. Thanks for sharing. Susan

Cathy Sweeney said...

Smoke or no smoke, anytime of year -- the Grand Canyon is one of the most amazing places I've ever been. When I was a kid we visited in the summer, as an adult I was there in the winter. Beautiful each time. Can't wait to go back.

Jill Harrison said...

if I ever get to USA, then the Grand Canyon will be on my list. What an amazing site. Friends of ours went there and have a photo on their wall at home.
Have a wonderful week, and thank you for stopping by my blog the other day.

Unknown said...

Am browing your blog -interesting travels:)
Last summer we were in Utah (Bryce Canon and Zion Nat.Park), but didn't visit the cave. No pic of people who have been in the Grand Canon is the same:)

Thanks for coming to my blog earlier!

Suzan said...

Even with the smoke - your pictures of the North side of the Grand Canyon are lovely!! Have never been to the north side!

Patty Antle said...

I'm checking out several of your post photos and they are so beautiful. It sure is pretty out your way. I will be thinking of the chickens going for the blueberries!

01 09 10